Popular Posts

Thursday, August 2, 2012

This is life



Hey there.

Five Things I Learned This Week

1: Sometimes the only reward for a job well done is being worn out.
2: Death happens. Its not the end of the world from everyone.
3: If you are going to judge a chicken fast food restaurant by the owners politics and /or religion then you need to step up and judge every other company by the same standards.
4: The hype is true. I'm fucking amazing.
5: Never trust someone when they tell you they will be ready/done/arriving/leaving or pretty much anything in 5 minutes.

Let me start of by saying... not being on FB seems weird. I keep getting half tempted to go back so I can see who is eating what, and listen to political rants, and have idiots tell me that medical care is really a plan to kill me and my kids, and... Oh wait, not at all. I love not being on that site. For me the clincher was that my feed was so jacked up and also my options for security had been reduced to the point of being a joke. Now, I will miss the fact that a lot of my friends have migrated over there from various other sites and on the occasion when it worked I could communicate with 1000 people at once.

Now as for my life. I have a couple of major things going on at the moment. First, I have paid off all of my bad debt. That leaves me with a great feeling inside and a few hundred extra a month. Well saying extra implies that I don't have places or things to spend it on. Bwahahaha. That really would be awesome.

Secondly, I need to get into a new apt. I need to get into one soonish. My living arrangements were based on the fact that I needed to pay off a ton of old debt. Well, that is done. I'm sure i am good until the end of the year if I need to. But still... WTF is going on with rents? I swear rent has gone up by 50% in the last 5 years. I'm certain that my pay hasn't.. Oh wait. OK I was making $0.00 before so I have had a huge increase. Still, the cost of living has really jumped. I don't want to get a roommate that I don't know. Anyone have a sexy, rich, single female friend who wants to be sugar mama to an awesome man?




Burning Man is coming up. I have a ticket technically but I still have not payed my friend for it. To be honest, I am considering not going at all. I'm just not feeling it. It means taking a week off of work and also spending money. Also, i find myself without a carpool buddy. I am giving myself until next week to figure it out. I can always find a random carpool buddy if need be. And I know that as soon as I get there, I'll be feeling it. OK who am I kidding? I'll most likely be there. Anyone know someone who needs a ride out? Preferably hot, female, single, and wants to jump my bones (I am so half teasing). I'm heading up early (Friday the 24th) and will leave either early Saturday morning (Sept 2nd) or Sunday in the early AM.

Dating life has been a little odd. Yeah, I know, I have no issues getting laid.  Heck, I have no problem finding people to go out with in general.  My problem is finding anyone of any real substance whom I share a mutual attraction with. Seems I am getting bored so fast these days. Now there are people who I do find super appealing but they have no interest in me, or they are so jaded that I realize I don't want to be with they after a while. Now I know there are people out there interested in me whom I don't have any interest in and I know I am far from perfect. OK not really that far.   Than again, I am having a great time dating around so why mess with a good thing.  Heck, it has been so long since I had an actual girlfriend that I am not even sure how that would work. The optimal situation (in my head) would be me having a serious relationship with someone who was ok with me stepping out side of our relationship on occasion. Kind of a limited open relationship.



Work. Is. Boooooring. My job is boring me to tears. I also need to start making more money. That is going to mean I have to go someplace else or start my own business. Pains in the ass. So as of now, I am casually looking for a new job. It's funny to me how there used to be some much work out there that someone could quit a job and find a better job in 3 months maximum. Now people who are qualified can't find work in their fields of expertise. WTF? OK, No political ranting (tosses soap box into fire pit).


I went to LoJ a month or so ago and it was fun. The most thrilling part to me was spending time with a couple of my friends. I'm thinking I won't be back. But it has been a good 3 years. I also did Bat's Day at DisneyLand a few months back. Tthat was awesome. I likely won't be back for that either because DisneyLand has raised their rates beyond ridiculous.

Faire and me are no longer having our torrid affair. I've been doing less and less of it over the last 5 years and the last couple of faires I have attended have been less then spectacular for me. I just don't enjoy it that much any more. sure I love drinking and hitting on women as much if not more then the next guy, but I have never needed faire for either of those activities. Other than that, I'm really not doing much these days. My street gigs are dated (to me at least), I no longer am on stage, I don't work for any vendors, and I am about done with the whole thing after 2 hours. It was a great ride, but for now it is over. I'm sure I will visit from time to time still, just a whole lot less.


All in all my life is amazing. Some people have died over the past year (a lot of them) and some have simply moved on from my life. Other wonderful people have come into my life and I am well satisfied.

Ciao

-Saint


No comments:

Post a Comment