Popular Posts

Monday, August 1, 2011

musings


Good lord.  I've been on the road for 6 hours and then lying in bed unable to sleep for another 3.   It's going to be a long day.

I spent the weekend visiting a friend of mine and her son.  It's funny, I ended up at their place because I lost a bet to her son.  the deal was that if I lost I would visit for a weekend.  Not to much of a sacrifice sine I do actually enjoy spending time with them.  My weekend was all picnics and playing with a kid.   Hard on the body but easy and relaxing on the soul.  I need more mental and soul relaxation days.   Life is good.  Well it is good to me.

My musings....
I was invited to go to an event with a friend of mine.  Its an event that I have done before with this same person.  Her and I share a lot of common interests and this event encompasses several of them.   We have also done this particular even together in the past.   Last year when we went there was something that bothered me and I couldn't quite put my finger on it until now.   The issue is fairly simple.  the entire time we were there this last time she kept talking about other people. Two other people, to be more specific.  Something would happen and it would be "So and So would have loved that", or "Such and Such would have thought that was funny", and even "when I did this with Whoosie this happened".  It made me feel as if she didn't want to be there with me but just didn't want to go alone.  I'm thinking if it's going to be like that then she can just go with someone else and I'll go with someone else.  If I see her cool.  if not cool.   I'll have to talk to her about it  this week and just let her know what is on my mind.  I mean, maybe I'm just seeing things differently then they were or maybe she wasn't aware that she was doing that the entire time.  It's not fair to me and to be honest, it's a waste of my time to be someone's "plus 1".  If you want to go to an event with me then be there with me not thinking about what it would be like if you were there with someone else.

Secondly, I have been thinking about Burning Man.   This year, I am with a new group of people (new for me to be at Burning Man with).  they have mostly been to the Burn and I know most of them from other events and life in general.  Still, I am a bit apprehensive about going with them.   It's an odd mix of people from somewhat reserved to some serious party people, conservative to very liberal.   also, they are not nearly as organized as my last group.  I'm thinking that somehow we have been committed over the level of commitment that we really want.     But I guess that will really just mean that some people are going to be working hard while others will be hardly working.  I had an opportunity to be with a couple of other camps.  One a dance camp and the other a bike repair camp.  Both of those have people I have camped with before and seem fairly organized.  But for me the dance camp is just not something I could really be useful too and the bike repair camp.... Well I'm not sure why I am not camping with them.  I guess we shall see how it goes.  I have a fine tradition of not actually hanging out with the people I camp with and I'll likely keep that tradition alive.  It helps to keep me sane I think.   I'm really not the type of guy that wants to be around the same people 24/7, and the one person in our camp whom i might be tempted to... Well, I just don't see that happening this time around.  Still, you never know what will happen in life until you get there so no need to waste time and energy speculating on the unknown.   best way to feel you missed out on life is to spend to much time speculating about it rather then living it. 

Anyway....

5 Things I learned Last Week

1: Kids will wear you out!! But damn you should be able to get into great shape.
2: Just because 2 people want to get together does not mean it is going to happen.  At times the Universe just has other plans.
3: Sometimes you just have to walk away.
4: Assumption really is the mother of all fuck ups!
5: When you are with the right people, anyplace can feel like home.

-Saint

Photo:  Thriller: A Cruel Picture   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thriller_%E2%80%93_A_Cruel_Picture

No comments: